Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chocolate Macadamia Nut Ice Cream {Sugar-free and Dairy-free}

  

I first tried banana ice cream in Door County, Wisconsin from one of my family's favorite custard places. However, the ice cream was only banana, so of course it just tasted like banana and I was not all that impressed.  Yesterday, I tried creating my own ice cream with the banana ice cream idea. The outcome was this chocolaty, rich goodness. You can barely taste the banana and the dehydrated macadamia nuts add such a great flavor!

Chocolate Macadamia Nut Ice Cream 
{Sugar-Dairy and Dairy-Free}
Serves 2

Ingredients:  frozen ripe bananas, cocoa powder, homemade almond milk, nuts or nut-butter {optional}, and stevia {or alternative sweetener like honey or maple syrup}

In a food processor place:
• 2 large frozen ripe bananas {sliced into several pieces}
• 1/4-1/3 cup cocoa powder
• optional: 1-2 Tbsp of a nut butter {or small handful of nuts. I used my soaked and dehydrated macadamia nuts}

Pulse for a minute

Then slowly add until you reach your desired consistency:
• 1-2 Tbsp almond milk

Pulse until well blended and creamy

Lastly, sweeten to your liking with:
• a few drops of stevia {honey or maple syrup}

Once you have the ice cream to your liking serve with your favorite toppings {coconut shreds, cacao nibs, and almond slivers} and eat right away or store in the freezer for later.


Quotes from those who have tried this recipe 

~ The ultimate. One of the best things I've ever made...amazing consistency. ~

This posts is a part of: