Saturday, January 19, 2013

Rosemary Turkey Meatballs


I have never had a meatball before {shocker, I know }, and I just realized this today when I decided to make them :). I had no idea how they would turn out, but they were delicious! Even my dad loved them and he is a tough critic when it comes to food. He even suggested I make them next time we have guest dinner instead of our go-to delicious Parmesan Chicken with pasta. 
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, and Grain-free. Paleo and Whole30 approved.

Rosemary Turkey Meatballs
Makes 12 meatballs

Ingredients: ground turkey, onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, egg, coconut flour, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, rosemary, and EVOO {extra virgin olive oil}

Sauté in a skillet on medium low with some EVOO for approx. 5-8 minutes:
• 1/4 finely chopped onion
• 1 finely chopped garlic clove
• 3 finely chopped mushrooms
• 1/8-1/4 cup finely chopped broccoli
• 1/2 of a bell pepper finely chopped

Combine and mix well:
• 1/2 lb ground turkey
• 2 Tbsp coconut flour
• 1 small whisked egg {or 1/2 of a large egg}
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary

Mix together the sautéed vegetables w/ the ground turkey mixture and 1/8 cup chopped tomato. Shape into twelve 2 Tbsp meatballs and place them in a mini muffin tin.  Cook at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  Optional: With five to ten minutes left flip the meatballs upside down to get the bottom side browned.

Then you can devour these little bundles of scrumptiousness and make your tummy and heart very happy


This was my lunch that day. It's the rosemary turkey meatballs on top homemade marinara sauce and spaghetti squash. Yum Yum!


Quotes from those who have tried this recipe 

~ Omggggosh so I made liverightbehealthy's meatballs!! They're so good... ALL of her food looks amazing. I'm eating mine on some sauteed spinach and some fresh tomato sauce on top :) ~


This post is a part of: