Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rosemary Mustard Salmon

  

My father is the expert at cooking and grilling fish in my household.  My technique and seasoning is slightly different then his, but nonetheless I learned most of my fish-cooking skills from him.  The technique I describe below is how I cook all fish and it always turns out delicious.

Rosemary Mustard Salmon
  
Ingredients: salmon, lemon or lime juice, butter, EVOO {extra virgin olive oil}, and seasonings {Dijon mustard, Homemade Emerils, and rosemary}

First, season your salmon fillet on the non-skin side with:
2-3 tsp Emerils
2 tsp Dijon mustard {optional: first time trying this and I really liked it!}
1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
2 tsp lemon juice

Then in a heated skillet on medium-low add:
1 tsp butter
1 tsp olive oil

Place salmon skin-side up in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip over.

Add a tsp or so more butter on top.  It adds a lot of good flavor to the salmon.

Season again with:
 1 or more tsp Emerils {depending on how spicy you want your salmon}
2 tsp lemon or lime juice

Cook for another 3-4 minutes.  Then broil {cook at a very high temperature} in the oven or toaster oven for 2-3 minutes.  This is not mandatory, but make it prettier and taste better too!

Remove the skin and enjoy with a salad or a side of your choice.  Below is a salad w/ my Homemade Salad Dressing and avocado.